A range of AV technologies required to teach, present and protect our children
From Primary Schools, to Colleges to Higher Education & Academia – Audio Visual enhances the speed of information exchange and makes the transfer of complex ideas as simple as possible.
Private & Prestige institutions also rely on AV as a key advantage and point of difference to demonstrate their value and uniqueness in the market.
Technology has obviously moved leagues in the recent years with Educational Material often being delivered in a “Digital Format”. Gone are the days are that children are given “Photocopied Newsletters” – with Software, Hardware and it’s Cross-Platform integration allowing more functionality with greater user-friendliness.
21st Century Technology has some great improvements today over what many of us may have grown up with:
- Utilizing Existing IP Networks: Rather than separate cabling for PA and Bells systems, utilising the existing IP network as the conduit for digitally delivered announcements and tones.
- Leadership Message Delivery: Delivery of messages from the principal and front office via the projector in the classroom.
- Remote / Automated Monitoring: Remote monitoring of AV devices by the technology manager and automatically turning off projectors out of hours to save power and extend equipment life.
- Information Sharing: Students instantly receiving Information to their Tablets & Laptops and being able to share their screen with the class in real-time.
- Touch and Gesture Driven Interaction: Hand movements in front of a massive whiteboard can write text for all to see – to that of interacting with a Windows or Mac Based Operating system.
East Coast Audio Visual (ECAV) assists its educational clients with the full end-to-end solutions covering:
- Classrooms: Providing ergonomic projection, interactive light and sound solutions that can make lifeless whiteboards animated and share content with the touch of a button to students.
- COLA – Covered Outdoor Learning Areas: Technology to take the educational experience outdoors providing the voice projection, sound quality, secure and weather-proof solution to educate and inspire.
- Auditoriums & School Halls: When schools come together to present, parade & play – it requires the perfect consideration of sound reinforcement, audio mixing, hearing loops, projection and ambience to enhance the audience experience. This can also be versatility of the system to adapt from say a symphony orchestra experience to that of a fast paced game of Basketball.
- Public Address & Bell Systems: Secure, high quality and clear speech to inform, alert and educate.
- Signage & Content Distribution: Informing students, staff, partners with basic messages to full on Full Motion Video and Digital Signage.
ECAV provides the Knowledge, Recommendations, Installation, Maintenance and Upgrades to make it all happen – on time and on budget.
All of our solutions are provided in an integrity driven consultative manner giving transparency, details of all of our costs and proving to our clients that we can be the trusted long term partner for their ongoing AV.
To learn more, review our website and contact us here.
AV’s role is to support improved learning outcomes for students with a broad range of abilities, without compromising ergonomic and OH&S standards.Any AV solution must be flexible, robust, secure and affordable. A range of audio visual equipment may be needed to support any course material that may be presented, as well as a range of teaching styles. Lighting and sound must be suitable for prolonged concentration and sustained attentiveness.Our solutions range from a portable projector through to Interactive Whiteboard technologies and Content distribution.
COLA – Covered Outdoor Learning Areas
Taking the classroom outdoors…Adding to the issues of classroom-based audio visual, we also have to consider voice projection and sound quality, weather-proofing, security, and getting those cables to where you need them.
Auditoriums & School Halls
When the school comes together to present, to parade and to play…This requires consideration of sound reinforcement and audio mixing, hearing loops, projection and ambient light, and stage lighting. These technologies need to be able to work in variety of configurations from simple mode for a basic assembly through to sophisticated operations for a school musical. Fianlly, the equipment needs to be protected from a mis-thrown basketball.
Public Address & Bell Systems
Protecting students and staff. Through either traditional cabling or over IP networks.
Digital Signage and Content Distribution
At ECAV, we are seeing these three distinct functions merging together:
- Digital Signage – Informing students, parents and staff – from the basic “What’s on” through to full multimedia.
- Content distribution – TV and DVD-based educational content centrally stored and streamed
- Visual Public Address – Supporting the audio PA with location specific visual information.
This really requires a consultative, solution-focussed appproach to determining needs, budgets ad technologies as opposed to picking product winners.
Making it happen – Our Service Approach
Educational institutions wanting this level of technical sophistication require more than just a “hang and bang” approach. ECAV partners with our customers, helping them understand the various technologies and their benefits, and developing plans for their roll-out.
If you have already assessed the above issues and have set the AV budget for your organisation, then we’ll be able to easily document your needs.
If instead needs must be fully determined and there are multiple stakeholders involved, a consultative approach may be more appropriate. This lets you take a more holistic view of the needs, an appreciation of those potential areas of benefit, a formal assessment of needs and a mapping to budget. Refer to our AV Consulting section for details.
With the AV needs properly defined, we are able to determine the optimal “bang for buck” solution and give you a properly costed solution to fit within your budget.
An Installation that allows you to focus on teaching
There is a lot to consider for a successful installation – aesthetics, building integrity, electrical, occupational health and safety, overall cost and impact on normal operations. There can be a lot of pressure to cut corners – We don’t!
Once the proposal is accepted, a Project Manager is assigned to the installation. An internal “Scope of Work” document is prepared to ensure all technical and procedural aspects are covered before install work starts. This may require a visit from the project manager to undertake a Site Inspection. We work with your liaison person to schedule work either during or outside of work hours.
Click here to find out more about how we control installation quality.
Training and after sales support
Depending on your needs, ECAV provides training ranging from basic hand-over of equipment through to specific training on key technologies such as interactive whiteboards.
Our workmanship is warranted for 6 months and the products we provide are all Australian-sourced giving you full manufacturer’s warranty.